- Advisory: Posted Thursday October 10th, 2019 :: 02:12 p.m. PDT
Power Shutoff Update – October 10, 2019
POWER SHUTOFF UPDATE: PG&E will begin restoring power this afternoon to areas of Santa Clara County affected by the Public Safety Power Shutoff. Following an all clear of high wind weather conditions at noon today, PG&E is now inspecting powerlines and transformers to ensure equipment isn’t damaged, making repairs if needed, and beginning to restore power. A timeline for full power restoration is unknown at this time. PG&E will notify customers when their power has been restored.
Residents are encouraged to follow a few basic procedures, which will help keep everyone safe until the power is restored:
- Turn off and unplug all appliances during an outage. When power is restored, plug appliances in one at a time. This will prevent power surges and reduce fire hazards when electricity is restored.
- Traffic signals may be out in some areas. Approach intersections with non-functioning traffic signals with caution. Treat them as if they were a four-way stop.
- Please do not call 9-1-1 to check the PG&E Power Shutoff status. 9-1-1 phone lines must be available to receive emergency phone calls.
- Make sure generators are never used inside a home or in enclosed spaces.
Visit https://bit.ly/33lkwjO for more safety tips and resources.