Time: 10:00 am - 11:45 am
When a disaster strikes it may be several days before emergency services arrive in your neighborhood.
Be Ready: Be Prepared!
Learn about bay area disaster risks, how to make a plan and prepare for a disaster, and how to stay informed during and after the disaster. Learn about important communication systems and how to communicate with your support network during and after a disaster.
Participants will learn:
Bay Area Risks & Emergency Procedures
- Disaster risks within the SF Bay Area
- Emergencies Procedures on how to respond
- Impacts on Infrastructure & Communities
Make A Plan
- Develop a Communication Plan & Support Network
- Evacuation Planning
- Pet Preparedness
- Home Inventory
- L.I.F.E. File
Get A Kit
- Disaster kit for the home
- “Go Kit” and vehicle supply kit
- Register to receive emergency alerts (AlertSCC)
- How to access information during and after a disaster
Calling 9-1-1 in an Emergency
- Public Safety Answering Points (PSAPs) aka Dispatch Centers
- Understand Phone technology differences when calling 9-1-1
- Text to 9-1-1: Call if you can. Text if you can't.
PG&E’s Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS)
- Prepare for a possible PSPS
- Medical Baseline Program