Time: 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
In this class, you will learn about important crime prevention and home fire safety tips.
You will learn how to protect yourself against fraud and identity theft, what to do if you are a victim of a scam, learn personal safety and home security protection tips and how to identify suspicious activity and how to report it.
You will also learn important home fire safety tips and how to practice important safety habits to prevent fires in the home. Learn the importance of creating a home escape plan, how to call 9-1-1 in an emergency and discover important community resources to help you and your family stay safe.
Fraud & Crime Prevention
- What is Fraud? How Con Artists Work
- Common Scams and How to Protect Yourself
- What is Identity Theft? How to Avoid Identity Theft
- Crime Prevention at Home
- Report Suspicious Activity
- Kitchen & Electrical Safety
- Smoke Alarms & Carbon Monoxide Alarms
- Develop a Home Escape Plan
- Calling 9-1-1 in an Emergency; Text to 9-1-1
- Community Resources (L.I.F.E. File, 2-1-1, AlertSCC)