Time: 10:00 am - 11:00 am
(This class date has been changed to January 26th, it was previously January 27th, we apologize for any inconvenience.)
Learn how to recognize medical emergencies and when to call 9-1-1. Learn how to report emergencies and what to do before help arrives. Be prepared with completed medical documents and explore resources that can assist caregivers.
Participants will learn:
Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Overview
- Understand ambulance and fire services within Santa Clara County
- How to safely respond to emergency vehicles lights and sirens
9-1-1 Dispatch Centers & Phone Technology
- Public Safety Answering Points (PSAPs) aka Dispatch Centers
- Understand Phone technology differences when calling 9-1-1
- Identify life threatening medical emergencies
- How to quickly react during a medical emergency
Calling 9-1-1 in an Emergency
- Questions asked by 9-1-1 dispatcher
- Text to 9-1-1: Call if you can. Text if you can’t.
- Be prepared for the arrival of emergency responders
Be Prepared...Be Ready!
- Important medical emergency forms: LIFE File, POLST, DNR
- Create an emergency contact list
- CPR/First Aid Certification Information
- Learn about important local community resources and organizations