Specialized Equipment Purchases
Our District supports various agencies through purchases of specialized equipment, such as:
- Weather station for use by the Santa Clara County Central Fire Protection District (“County Fire”) for monitoring weather during high fire hazard days
- Specialized fire apparatus for use in the high hazard brush and grass fire areas
- New rescue apparatus unit for County Fire prior to it life expectancy expiration
- Specialized rescue tools
- State-of-the-art fire hydrant and water main testing equipment
- Specialized medical equipment
Firefighter Staffing Support
We provide for additional staffing (firefighters) during periods of high fire hazard days or as otherwise needed.
LAHCFD also provides funding to staff Palo Alto Fire Station 8 during high fire danger months, June through October. Read more about staffing Fire Station 8.
Fire Prevention Awareness Programs
We distribute fire prevention information to all District residents.
Fuel Reduction / Fire Breaks
We fund a fuel reduction/fire break program at Byrne Preserve through the use of goats and conservation corps personnel.
Emergency Preparedness Programs and Public Education
We sponsor the offering of programs developed by the Santa Clara County Fire Department dealing with disaster preparedness.