Time: 10:00 am - 11:30 am
Learn how to recognize medical emergencies and when to call 9-1-1. Learn how to report emergencies and what to do before help arrives. Be prepared with completed medical documents and explore resources that can assist caregivers.
Participants will learn:
Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Overview
- Understand ambulance and fire services within Santa Clara County
- How to safely respond to emergency vehicles lights and sirens
9-1-1 Dispatch Centers
- Learn about dispatch centers
- Understand the differences between VoIP, landline and cell phone 9-1-1 calls
- Identify types of medical conditions that can become life threatening
- How to quickly and appropriately react during a medical emergency
Calling 9-1-1 in an Emergency
- Be prepared for the questions a dispatcher will ask
- How to be prepared for the arrival of first responders
Be Prepared...Be Ready!
- Create an emergency contact list
- Learn about important forms that can help during a medical emergency (LIFE File, POLST, DNR)
- Learn about important local community resources and organizations
Register by clicking here.