In the interest of creating defensible space and reducing fire hazards on residential properties, the District has arranged for a once-a-month service whereby District residents can drop off hazardous materials, such as pruned limbs, brush, and branches associated with property hygiene activities to trucks provided by Greenwaste Recovery.
How The Defensible Space Fuel Reduction Monthly Drop Off Program Works
Drop off containers will be located at Purissima Park on the third Saturday of every month, from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. There is no charge for this service to district residents.
To maintain the health and safety of event participants and GreenWaste staff, participants must strictly adhere to social distancing protocols:
- GreenWaste staff CANNOT help residents offload materials. Please be prepared to offload materials on your own.
- Six-foot distance MUST be maintained. Please place your Driver’s License on the hand sanitizing table and step away to allow GreenWaste staff to verify your address.
- All staff and event participants MUST wear face coverings. GreenWaste reserves the right to turn away participants that are not complying with the face covering requirement.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the event.
- GreenWaste employees will regularly wipe down high-touch surfaces.
Please, DO NOT attend the event if you are sick; always cough into your elbow; do not shake hands.
Due to the protocols above, please expect the process to be both slower and busier than the standard event. We kindly ask for your patience while we navigate these uncertain times.
How To Sign Up For This Program
It is not necessary to sign up in advance for this program. Just bring your yard waste to the parking lot at Foothill College on the appropriate day.
For more information on this program, see this flyer: Los Altos Hills County Fire District Collection Schedule
***Please note, that as of June 26, 2020, these events will take place at Purissima Park until further notice.***